It’s going to be cold on Sunday, but not quite Ice Bowl cold.
The historic #DALvsGB rivalry is dotted with championships in -48 wind chill, 3 consecutive playoff knockouts, and rumours of the Packers being invincible at home in the postseason.
But despite the Lambeau advantage, I’m leaning towards an underdog upset here.
The Cowboys (12-4-0) took down the Lions last week to earn 3rd Seed and the chance to take on the 2nd Seed Packers.
I’m glad the Lions lost, because now we get to see the 2 best QB’s of the season battle it out.
Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo have the 2 top passer ratings and total QBRs this season, with Romo pulling a slight 1st over Rodgers in both stats.
Romo will return to Green Bay on Sunday with that chip on his shoulder to re-write the memories of their last game there, which ended in a 17-7 Cowboys defeat.
With Super Bowl XLIX on the line and all eyes on the quarterbacks, Aaron Rodgers won’t be practicing before Thursday to help with his recovery from his left calf injury.
The second reason I have to go with Dallas, Romo being the first, is DeMarco Murray. The Cowboys running back was #1 in the NFL with 1,845 rushing yards.
That’s 484 more than any other player this season.
My third reason is Dez Bryant, #1 in the league with 16 touchdown receptions. But I guess Bryant and the Packers’ Jordy Nelson kind of cancel each other out in the end.
Even though the last time these 2 teams faced off Dallas ate it 37-36, I don’t care. I’m not convinced in a Green Bay victory.
Betting Lines and Odds
- GB is the favourite at -6, 59% of bettors agree
- The MoneyLine is on Dallas at 73%
- The Total is set at 53 with 62% on the OVER
#DALvsGB Fast Facts
- The Packers haven’t lost a home game this season, and neither have the Cowboys.
- This will only be the 3rd time in NFL history a team undefeated on the road has visited a team undefeated at home in the playoffs.
- The Packers have lost 4 straight playoff meetings with the Cowboys, all in Dallas.
- Dallas ranked 8th and Green Bay 23rd in the NFL this season for rushing defense.
- The Cowboys are 2nd in the league for takeaways with 31 plus 3 from their Lions playoff win.
- GN is tied with NE for fewest turnovers in the league (13).
- Despite the myth that Green Bay is unbeatable at home in the postseason, they’ve lost 5 of their past 8 playoff games at Lambeau, going 2-5-1 ATS.
- Dallas is 1-4 ATS in its last five games playing on the road against Green Bay.
- The total has gone over in 7 of Green Bay’s last 8 home games.
- Romo is 2-3 with 8 touchdowns and 5 interceptions against the Packers.
- This is the 25th time in franchise history that the Cowboys will enter the NFC divisional round.
- Dallas holds the league record for most playoff victories (34-25)
NFC Second Round Playoff Pick
Take Dallas as the +6 underdog and you won’t regret it.