Listen up, people, because when you find someone who is 10-1 in his last 11 NFL picks on this site, you pull up a chair and soak it all in. It was another glorious week of football betting action and I am feeling pretty darn in tune with what is happening in the National Football League. Here’s what we have as lessons learned Week 12 on the NFL.
Lessons Learned Week 12
1. The Chiefs are a legit contender, provided their defense continues to play lights out. Alex Smith can be clutch here or there, but he can’t do it every week.
2. The Broncos have go to be crushed right now after that loss at home following a bye week. Still, they have the Jaguars this week. So we expect them to crush it and stay relevant.
3. Washington was a better kicker and a better head coach away from upsetting Dallas. That, combined with a 6-1-1 record prior to Thanksgiving, tells us to continue to ride this hot team.
4. The Bills won a game at home that they were supposed to win. Big deal. I am still not taking them against quality opponents.
5. The Giants learned how to finish off a game that they are supposed to win. Don’t underscore that. They are good. They’re also the only team who has beaten the Cowboys thus far.
6. Speaking of Dallas, yes, they are very good. We expect them to lock up home field advantage in a couple of weeks. And even their home crowd is more boisterous than in previous seasons.
7. I am stunned to see the Seahawks play so poorly. This opens the door for a couple of teams to battle for that second NFC seed. Seattle is a good but flawed team.
8. Good on Detroit for exercising more demons and sweeping the Vikings in the season series. The NFC North is theirs for the taking. Remember when Barry Sanders retired and the team surprisingly made the playoffs? Well the same thing is happening after the retirement of Calvin Johnson. Go figure.
9. The Dolphins are riding a six-game win streak for the first time in over a decade. I don’t know, I am still not convinced. After all, they let the woeful 49ers hang around all game this past Sunday.
10. Stick a fork in the Bengals and Marvin Lewis. Why is he still there? Wake up, owner Mike Brown.
11. The Titans are intriguing. I just don’t know how good they are. I mean, they beat the Bears who are injury-plagued and bad.
12. The Raiders should have lost last Sunday to the Panthers. I am still not a believer in that defense. The Patriots are better and quite possibly the Chiefs as well. Heck, the Steelers could also have something to say about the matter when it’s all said and done.
Matthew Ross is a sports commentator and a radio host on TSN 690 Radio in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Follow him @MatthewWords.