Well now, did anyone see that Bears win coming? We sure didn’t. But at the end of the day does it matter? The Vikings are still good and the Bears are still bad. Here are the lessons learned week 8, a riveting week of NFL betting:
Lessons Learned Week 8
1. The Broncos defense will be vintage the rest of the year. That performance versus a hot Philip Rivers has them ready for the tough test of playing in Oakland this week. For betting purposes, it’s worth noting that the Chargers still put up some points. So there might be value in betting the over in Broncos games.
2. Cincy tying in London really hurt them, especially versus a Washington team that was missing its top running back . They needed a win to keep the momentum going. I just don’t know about this team right now. I think Marvin Lewis is finally on borrowed time.
3. Atlanta is for real. They showed some real backbone in their comeback win versus Green Bay. The Falcons will not collapse like last year and could very well run away with this division.
4. Meanwhile, it looks like the Packers will indeed back an improved offense the rest of the way. BUT, their defense just isn’t as good as it used to be.
5. Yes. The Patriots are that good. No. The Bills are not that good. End of story.
6. Dak Prescott is the real deal. The Cowboys will get to the conference final this season. Mark my words and bet on it.
7. Oakland’s offense is ridiculous. But here’s the thing – they haven’t been tested. Denver should stymy them in Week 9. But wow, that will be a special game to watch.
8. Yes, the Eagles lost on Sunday night. But they have nothing to be embarrassed about. The Eagles will battle for a wildcard spot. No question about it.
9. I just don’t know what to think about the Saints. I am definitely not sold on them being a 9+ win team. But that offense will surely keep them in many games this second half of the season.
10. What the heck is wrong with the Cardinals? Are they done? Can they rebound? Stay away from betting on or against this team.
11. I told you the Panthers would rebound. Here they come. Provided they can limit the passing yards against, they will go on a run.
12. Why are the Browns still playing each week? Pitiful. Whatever the money line is you can safely bet against this eventual 0-16 team.
Matthew Ross is a sports commentator and a radio host on TSN 690 Radio in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Follow him @MatthewWords.