Edging closer to the big game in February means more teams bite the dust while others taste victory. NFL Divisional games on Week 19 had some surprises in store, and more than a few people were wrong about the outcomes of the divisional contests.
But who lost, who won, and what does it all mean?
- After barely leading Carolina well into the second half, the Seahawks pulled off a win knocking the Panthers out of the race by 2 touchdowns.
- Dallas was on the losing side of some shotty officiating this week, maybe a bit of karma from their win over the Lions last week. After Dez Bryant’s reception was deemed incomplete, Green Bay ran out the clock for a Packers victory.
- The Colts were laughing after they destroyed their former QB and watched as Luck evaded the Broncos defense all night long. Poor Peyton was not happy choking yet again under playoff pressure.
- Baltimore seemed like they might take down NE after the first half, but Brady wouldn’t have it. He pulled up his socks, threw 2 TDs, and managed to pull off a last-minute 4 point win.
- Next Sunday we’ll see #GBvsSEA and #INDvsNE battle it out in the conference championships (come on Colts!)
Week 19 Quick Picks
The NFL Divisional games this past weekend showed us a lot of star power from the QB’s and across the field. Some players pulled out all the stops while others cracked under the pressure on their way to Super Bowl XLIX.
61% of bettors were with me on the over for this matchup, and we weren’t disappointed. The Pats took it (unfortunately, *sigh*) at 35-31 , but at least Brady and Flacco were still friends at the end:
At 31-17, this contest wasn’t as close as most people expected (including me). Carolina – who slipped into the playoffs last minute – proved they didn’t belong by crumbling under Seattle’s defense. That’s the Panthers’ 4th straight loss at CenturyLink Field.
I took Dallas as a hard favourite on this one, but Dez and Romo let me down. They came up short losing 26-21 to GB shattering my dreams of a road underdog upset.
Well, Indy proved me wrong and showed off some great defensive moves to take the game 24-13. I was certain we would see an over here, but I was very sadly mistaken. An under by far with the original total set at 54.
Best Moments of the NFL Divisional Games
Here it is – the good, the bad, and the ugly from last weekend’s divisional matchups.
Broncos for the pick!
Can’t touch this
Sweet 51 YD trick play by NE
Daniel Herron sliding in for a TD:
46 yard TD, courtesy of Rodgers and Davante Adams
Just another day being Dez
Outta the way, I’m Cam Newton!
What a catch after Luck’s 15 yard TD pass:
Run Forrest, run!
Sniff, sniff. Poor Peyton. No win for you.
Flacco getting picked hard:
And, as per usual, I’ll end with my favourite dance moves of the weekend: