Teams try to avoid injuries specially during the offseason and preseason. The Colts injuries are now piling up seriously affecting their roster, with only 3 weeks to the opener.
Colts Injuries hit Cornerbacks the Most
“It is what it is,’’ Pagano said. “There’s not much we can do about it other than keep going. We’ll make the appropriate adjustments and Ryan (Grigson) and his staff will scour the landscape.”
That tough it is. As of Monday six of the eleven on the roster were dealing with some sort of injury. Out of those eleven, seven of the cornerbacks have a year or less of experience. Four are rookies.
“It’s not pretty,’’ Pagano said. “It’s scary right now.’’ Tough position they are in now.
Colts injuries in detail
- Vontae Davis suffered a medial ankle sprain in practice last Thursday.
- Patrick Robinson with a groin injury suffered in Saturday night’s loss to the Baltimore Ravens.
- D’Joun Smith still isn’t fully recovered from a knee injury.
- Jalil Brown with a foot injury has missed the first two preseason games.
- Darius Butler with a hamstring injury although he is expected to practice Tuesday.
As per their options, Colts management said: “We’ll look on the street. We’ll look wherever we have to look. By the 11th of September we’ll fill an outfit that will be ready to go.’’
It is a race against the clock.