Welcome to the Deadhit Sports 2018 / 2019 NFL Football Betting Season Guide.
Make sure to keep this page bookmarked somewhere as we’ll be updating you weekly with updated odds, new developments, changing future odds and the hottest NFL news for the smart bettor. Here at Deadhit Sports we built this guide to cover everything you need to know in order to prepare you for regular season kickoff.
What’s coming you wonder? We’ll be adding updates such as: How to Bet on the NFL like a pro, Why you need to use Bitcoin?, and the insider guide on where to bet this NFL season. So make sure to stick around, it’s going to be an amazing season!
Football season starts Thursday, September 6 and as in previous years 2018 NFL betting odds and lines are getting set up well ahead of time.
This year as always and according to the official NFL Schedule, the first game of the regular season is a rematch of Superbowl 52 between the Philadelphia Eagles and the now Atlanta Falcons who hold home turf advantage.
What You'll Find Inside...
- The 2018 / 2019 NFL Betting Guide
- Super Bowl 53 : Early Season Betting Preview
The 2018 / 2019 NFL Betting Guide
If we take the season from the numbers only, having the New England Patriots and the Green Bay Packers as favorites to win their Division, that should be the matchup play for Super Bowl 53
NFL Conference Review
Each season in the NFL there are a total of eight conferences divided by NFC, and the AFC. Each conference contains four teams split based on their geographical location. In this section, we will break-down an overview of each division and the teams that participate in them.
2018 AFC Betting Preview
Known as the most recent “powerhouse” division the AFC East holds 8 Super Bowl Championships and a total of 19 AFC Conference Championships. The New England Patriots have won five Super Bowl titles alone in this division. They’ve dominated their bracket by finishing first 14 times since 2002. They’ll be expected to finish at the top of the bracket again this season. The AFC also produced three other Super Bowl Champions, the Miami Dolphins with two Super Bowls and the New York Jets with one Super Bowl.
- The start of the Buffalo Bills season isn’t looking good as they play five of their first seven games on the road, then return home to face the long-dominant Patriots…2018 will probably require a bounce-back season.
- With the return of Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins look to bounce back from a lost 2017 season, the Dolphins feel like a middling team teetering on another rebuild.
- Late-season games against the Patriots, Jaguars, and Minnesota could determine their season.
- If everything goes as planned the New England Patriots will be able to make their patented late-season push.
- Their season prediction is 11-5 which is actually below the team’s normal standard, this takes into account the five of the team’s first nine games are scheduled for prime time.
- While still rebuilding the New York Jets are heading into their third consecutive losing season and eight consecutive years out of the playoffs, in other words, when do they start playing in 2019?
The AFC West is one of the most well-rounded divisions over the past 20 years. There’s been a total of seven Super Bowl Championships, and 16 AFC Championships. Both the Denver Broncos and Oakland Raiders have each won three Super Bowl titles, while Kansas City Chiefs have won one Championship.
- This season the Broncos roster still looks a little thin to compete for the AFC West title, however, it’s predicted that they will get back to at least .500 (they haven’t had a losing record since 1971-1972).
- The Chiefs need to keep their heads up and get past their most difficult start to the season, they’ll play four road games against The Steelers, Chargers, and Patriots.
- If they can survive past this tough start then the rest of their season will be easier and they’re predicted to win at least 10 games for their fourth consecutive season.
- The Chargers finished their last season with nine wins out of their last 12 games (after going 0-4 at the start of the season). Playoff teams will face an early challenge for them, their coach Anthony Lynn states they’ll have the advantage of continuity in a year of transition for the rest of the AFC West.
- The Raiders are up and down throughout the season, whether it being game schedules or starting their season with 4 games out of Oakland. A year after playing a franchise record five prime-time games, the Raiders are under the lights four times in 2018.
AFC North : Odds and Stats
The AFC North division is made up of eight Super Bowl Championships and 14 AFC Championships. This division is full of rivalries that want nothing more to prove then they’re the top dogs of the division. The Pittsburgh Steelers have been the top dogs of this division for many years running, winning a total of 23 Division Championships no other team in the division has been able to reach double-digits in division titles. The Steelers have won the most Super Bowls in the division holding a total of six Super Bowl Championships, the only one close to compare is the Baltimore Ravens with two Championships. These are the only two teams within the division who’ve ended up winning the Super Bowl.
- The Steelers have a roster that is stacked enough to compete with any team and is poised for a playoff push once again.
- Whether or not the Baltimore Ravens decide to end their three-year playoff drought depends on how they can handle one of the toughest road schedules in the league (they’ve only managed eight road wins in the past three years).
- A healthy Joe Flacco and a stronger support cast around him, the Ravens will dominate homes games and have a couple of upsets on the road.
- The Bengals have a predicated record of 8-8 due to them having three of their first four games on the road with the suspension of linebacker Vontaze Burfict.
- Having the leagues worst offense isn’t easy to cope with, however, there is some hope with the trade for left tackle Cordy Glenn brought some promise to their fans.
- Not even the Cleveland Browns can step back after no wins last season. Even with a veteran quarterback, improved receivers, and more talent throughout the roster, it won’t be enough to compete for a playoff spot.
AFC South : Odds and Stats
The AFC South has had trouble performing at the same level as the other divisions. The Colts are the best in the division with two Super Bowl Championships and two AFC Championships but unfortunately are not predicted to win either the Super Bowl or Conference Championship.
- The Indianapolis Colts success heading into the 2018 season will hinge on Andrew Luck’s availability, it’ll be a challenge for the Colts through their rebuilding process this season.
- If the Houston Texans can avoid any injuries that plagued them last season, they’ll be among the most talented teams in the NFL this season.
- With the returns of J.J Watt and Whitney Mercilus, and the additions of Tyrann Mathieu and Aaron Colvin the Texans team should be able to compete healthily this season.
- We’ve confirmed that the Tennessee Titans have one of the easiest schedules, as well as favors from the NFL with only one road back-to-back, a bye after their London trip, and ending the season with two home games against 2017 non-playoff teams.
- At a minimum, we predict they will reach the playoffs.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars are predicted to become the AFC South Champions for a repeat of last season, the offense has been improved with the addition of Andrew Norwell and ranked as the fifth highest scoring guard of the 2017 season.
Opening ODDS TO WIN THE 2018-19 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP
|New England Patriots||+175|
|Los Angeles Chargers||+1200|
2018 NFC Betting Preview
No conference in the NFL has been stronger than the NFC East, with 13 Super Bowls and 22 NFC Championships, they have more Super Bowl rings spread out among their teams than any other division in the NFL.
- The Dallas Cowboys have won the most Super Bowl titles with five, however, their offseason has not been great with free-agent losses and the release of Dez Bryant. We’re predicting a season record of 10-6, only because in recent years when the season looked like a “bust” to the Cowboys they’ve responded otherwise (2014 – 2016).
- The New York Giants have a brutal seven-game stretch to open the season which will be tough to navigate. We’ve predicted a season record of 8-8 since there are some winnable games towards the back end of the season.
- The Philadelphia Eagles begin their title defense against the Atlanta Falcons, their schedule is no cake walk as they face seven teams that made the postseason last year.
- They return with 19 of 22 starters and will be fueled by a talented group of players coming off injury led by Wentz and Jason Peters (who stress that Super Bowl hangover is not an option).
- We’ve predicted an 11-5 season for the defending champions.
- The Washington Redskins feel they’ve upgraded their quarterback with Alex Smith over Kirk Cousins, but the results of this change are still yet to be seen.
- To improve overall, the Redskins need better health for key young players to develop (such as Josh Doctson), if these happen they could perform decently this season.
The West division has seen its fair share of Super Bowl experience, the division combines 13 Super Bowl appearances and a total of seven Super Bowl Championships.
- The Arizona Cardinals do not start their season off great as they’re predicted to be under .500.
- They have stretches of difficulty in both halves of their season, with their late stretch containing; Green Bay, Atlanta, Los Angeles Rams, and the Seahawks.
- It will be a tough finish to the season for Arizona (predicated record 6-10).
- Los Angeles Rams are looking great as they start their season with five prime-time games and 3 of out 4 of their first games at home. They’ll get a taste of what a true first-place schedule feels like (predicated record 12-4).
- San Francisco 49ers have the buzz going for them due to their 5-0 finish last season, which lots to prove the 49ers have a manageable schedule and one that is particularly team-friendly on the back end of the season.
- If the 49ers have a strong draft and manage to keep their quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo in good health they’ll perform as expected (predicated record 10-6).
- With the Rams as a clear favorite to win the division, the Seattle Seahawks are not to be forgotten of what they have — such as Super Bowl winner Russell Wilson (QB), all pro middle linebacker Bobby Wagner, and one of the best safety in the league Earl Thomas (predicated record 8-8).
The conference of cold weather and snowed out games, the NFC North has five Super Bowls in their history. With four going to the Green Bay Packers who supposedly have the toughest schedule this season on paper.
- The Packers also have a chance for a fast start with three out of their first four games at home and could finish strong with three December home games if they can survive a tough middle stretch (we’re predicting a record of 11-5).
- The other Super Bowl Championship going to the Chicago Bears, who upgraded their offense with Allen Robinson and Trey Burton during the offseason.
- Chicago’s strength remains in their defense led by veteran coordinator Vic Fangio.
- Tough start to the season facing Green Pay and Seattle, but their schedule lightens up considerably starting Week 3 (predicted record 7-9).
- The Detroit Lions have taken under a new coaching staff under Matt Patricia, however, are still expected to deliver the same mediocre results Detroit has seen over the past few years.
- The Lions, unfortunately, face too many holes in the offense (the line and run game) and far too many questions in their defensive line (pass rush and interior line) for them to be anything special this year, but the draft could change this (predicted record 9-7).
- The Minnesota Vikings enter the season with the league’s reigning top defense (they face Green Bay, Los Angeles, and Philadelphia) and get a break toward the end of the regular season with Miami and Chicago at home int he final three weeks.
- They’ll aim to capitalize on their dominant home-field advantage after losing only four games at U.S. Bank Stadium since it opened in 2016 (predicted record 10-6).
With the least amount of Super Bowl titles in the history of the conference, The New Orleans Saints and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have both won one Super Bowl each, they are the only teams in this division to win a Super Bowl title.
- The Atlanta Falcons have a tough start to the season facing the defending champions in Philadelphia.
- They turn around with back-to-back home games against the Panthers and Buccaneers, followed by another home game against the Bengals.
- The main focus for the Falcons seems to be the division race as they close the season at Carolina and Tampa Bay (predicted record 9-7).
- The schedule-makers apparently believe that the NFC South division title will be between the Carolina Panthers or New Orleans. The two meet in Charlotte during Week 15 and then conclude the season in New Orleans in Week 17, these games could be the difference between which team goes 10-6 and 11-5 (predicted record 10-6 for the Panthers).
- Expectations remain high for the New Orleans Saints, as long as they can buck their trend of slow starts over the past four years. New Orleans must take advantage of their early schedule because their final 10 weeks are loaded with playoff contenders (predicted record 11-5).
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers lost seven games last season in a one-score game with five decided by three points or less in overtime.
- It’s not impossible to see a rebound from 5-11 in 2017 to a record of 8-8 in 2018, that’s only if they’re able to take care of business in the NFC South.
- With Jameis Winston healthy and improved chemistry with DeSean Jackson, and a fully revamped defensive line this draft could go a long way (predicted record 8-8).
Opening ODDS TO WIN THE 2018-19 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
|Green Bay Packers||+500|
|Los Angeles Rams||+700|
Super Bowl 53 : Early Season Betting Preview
Super Bowl 53 will be hosted in Atlanta, Georgia on February 3rd, 2019.
Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- Last season we witnessed quite a few playoff teams that we’re not used to seeing playing in the postseason.
- Teams such as the Tenessee Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Buffalo Bills, and the Los Angeles Rams will be looking to make a repeat appearance in this years playoff run.
The race for the playoffs doesn’t begin till about midway through the season but we’ll be keeping you posted throughout the season on current standings and predictions.
Be sure to check back after Week 1 to see our first update on the NFL standings and playoff details.
We will take a look at the top teams with the best odds to win Super Bowl 53
New England Patriots (+500)
No surprise here, the favorite in the NFL to win the Super Bowl are the Patriots. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick prove an amazing history with New England, making them one of the top three teams in the league. With Brady nearing his retirement it’s only natural that they’ll give it all to stack up as many rings as possible. With their previous track record in the recent years, can you think of why they wouldn’t be one of the first predictions for Super Bowl 53?
Philadelphia Eagles (+900)
Naturally, the defending champions have to be considered as one of the favorites to give the championship another rule for its money. However, this year’s Eagles are returning with 19 of 22 starting players from their Championship season, and will once again have that depth in the quarterback position. We can only assume that the Eagles regardless of which quarterback plays will find success within the team.
Green Bay Packers (+900)
Despite last season’s injuries, Aaron Rodgers will be healthy and that is not sounding good for competitors. Don’t forget Rodgers is still one of the best quarterbacks in the league and with a healthy squad of receivers who knows the damage that the Packers will do this season. We believe the Packers won’t have any trouble making it to the playoffs by the way their roster is looking. The Packers will face their competition in dominating the NFC North, as the Minnesota Vikings have one of the most well-rounded teams in the NFL. Aaron Rodgers has a lot riding on him ‘being the difference’ the Packers are looking for in order to take them back to the Super Bowl.
Pittsburgh Steelers (+1000)
The Steelers are without a doubt one of the top teams in the NFL this year and one of the favorites to win Super Bowl LIII. Currently, they have some contract issues going on with Le’Veon Bell that will need to be monitored. They’re still sitting with Ben Roethlisberger as a quarterback, and compete in one of the more favorable divisions. They’ve been considered a contender for the league the past 5 years and running.
Los Angeles Rams (+1200)
Rumor has it the Rams are building something special down in Los Angeles! Coming from one of the bottom teams they’ve worked their way back up to the top and have the roster to back it. With a young team of talent like Jared Goff (QB), Todd Gurley (RB), and Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods, and Cooper Kupp as WR’s, they’re ready to show the league what they’re made of. They’ve also been busy boosting up their defensive line by picking up Ndamukong Suh and Aqib Talib. The Rams are looking very good this year and are estimated to be one of the most valued teams in the league.
The Top Ten Contenders to Win Super Bowl 53
|New England Patriots||+500|
|Green Bay Packers||+900|
|Los Angeles Rams||+1200|
|San Fransico 49ers||+2000|