Looking at the 2016 NFL Preseason Week 2 odds we have seen some changes in teams as they adjust to new players and new rules like the kickoff rule. Specifically the kickoff rule has given a lot ot talk about among coaches. It started being implemented last week, but it is still too early to forecast it’s impact on the game.
Preseason Week 2 Odds and Preview
Thursday August 18
Philadelphia Eagles at Pittsburgh Steelers (7 p.m., NFL Network)
The Steelers are -2.5 favorites over the Eagles and 54% of bettors agree. The total is set at 38 and it changed from over to under moments ago with 52% favoring the Under.
- The Eagles are currently in the search for dependable wide receivers.
- With Lane Johnson facing suspension, Allen Barbre’s performance at RT will determine how the offense will probably look in the season.
Cincinnati Bengals at Detroit Lions (7:30 p.m.)
The Lions are -1.5 favorites over the Bengals though 56%of bettors disagree. The total is set at 41.5 with 54% favoring the Over.
- Andy Dalton, the Bengals quarterback didn’t show much last week, maybe this week he will play longer.
- Jake Rudock’s performance was very good, good enough for stealing the backup QB job? Watch out Dan Orlovsky.
Atlanta Falcons at Cleveland Browns (8 p.m.)
The Browns are -2 (-105) favorites over the Falcons and 58%of bettors agree. The total is set at 38.5 with 57% favoring the Over.
- Still wondering if RGIII will place the Browns in a contender position. Too early to predict.
- Keanu Neal will take the field for the first time this preseason.
Chicago Bears at New England Patriots (8 p.m.)
The Patriots are -3.5 (-105) favorites over the Bears and 58%of bettors agree. The total is set at 42 with 70% favoring the Over.
- The Bears collapsed against the Broncos defense last week, no reason for it to be different today.
- Tom Brady might get another night off, just as last week. Guess it is all on making Garoppolo feel comfortable.
Oakland Raiders at Green Bay Packers (8 p.m.)
The Packers are -3 (+100) favorites over the Raiders though 58%of bettors disagree. The total is set at 42.5 with 51% favoring the Over.
Although the odds do not show it, this game is going to be tighter than it seems. Lots of rookies looking for spots, specially in the Raiders side
Minnesota Vikings at Seattle Seahawks (10 p.m., NFL Network)
The Seahawks are -3 (+105) favorites over the Raiders though 62%of bettors disagree. The total is set at 38.5 with 52% favoring the Under.
The Vikings want payback from last year’s playoffs, will the Seahawks offense be able handle what some believe to be a defense twice as good as the version from 2015?