The Baltimore Ravens (10-6) visit the Pittsburg Steelers Saturday night at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, for the NFL Playoffs late game.
The Steelers won’t have the services of superb second-year running back Le’Veon Bell, he’ll be out with a hyperextended knee, causing Baltimore’s upset chances to soar.
The Steelers’ have a multi-faceted passing game against a Ravens secondary that has gone through cornerbacks like toilet paper this season, this matchup greatly favors what Ben Roethlisberger will be able to do throwing to the likes of Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, Markus Wheaton and Heath Miller.
Even though the Steelers haven’t won a playoff game since beating the Jets in the 2010 AFC title game, the Heinz Field home-field advantage will be the difference on Saturday night.[box style=’info’]
Get all of our NFL Wildcard Weekend Playoff Picks and stay tuned for our game by game breakdowns leading right up to Superbowl XLIX
The Ravens DO know how to win on the road in the playoffs, having won six road games in the postseason in the first five years of the John Harbaugh coaching era and even though Baltimore is 5-1 in the postseason since that 2010 AFC title game was played, it won’t make a difference.
Our NFL Playoff Free Pick makes the Steelers to advance and the Ravens will have to endure their first one-and-done playoff trip since 2006.[box style=’doc’]Be sure to check out our NFC Wildcard Free Pick and Analysis: In today’s NFC Wildcard early game, the Panthers and the Cardinals go head to head, get your free pick and analysis of this important NFC match up and be sure to keep an eye on our Free NFL Picks features all playoff season long.[/box]
AFC Playoff Betting Line Facts
The line has stayed at -3 (-120) favoring the Steelers, and 68% of bettors agree. On the moneyline 54% of bettors also agree on Pittsburgh.
The Over/Under is set at 45 and 56% of bettors are on the OVER.
#BALvsPIT Fast Facts
- It will be the fourth time these two teams meet in the playoffs, with the Steelers wining the previous three, all in Pittsburgh.
- The injury to Le’Veon Bell dominated most of the week’s headlines—and for good reason. As one of the top Pittsburgh players, his playing status will be crucial to the outcome of this game.
- Troy Polamalu missed the last two games of the regular season, but he is on track to return for the opening round of the playoffs.
- The OVER is 11-0 in Pittsburgh’s last 11 playoff home games and 4-0 in Baltimore’s last four divisional road games.
- Each of the previous five games in this rivalry were decided by a field goal or less before this season, which was split 1-1 as the home team won by 20 in both of their two meetings. Both of these teams are 4-1 SU and 5-0 ATS in their last five playoff games.
#BALvsPIT Nfl Playoff Free Pick
If you’re feeling conservative, grab the Steelers on the moneyline, it won’t be highly profitable but could help your bankroll a bit. If you’re feeling brave take the OVER and the Steelers to cover those 3 points. If you’re looking to make a few more bucks, parlay it up. The Steelers are going to smash the Ravens today.