Last Updated on September 9, 2022 2:50 pm by Erwin Noguera
A new NFL season is already underway, the league of the king of sports in the United States for more than 30 years, and the only game that has been played this season has been the inaugural one, between the current champions, the Los Angeles Rams against the strong candidates to win the Vince Lombardi Trophy in Super Bowl LVII, Buffalo Bills, where the latter got a crushing victory with a score of 31-10.
The 32 NFL teams will try as much as possible to reach the Super Bowl, but this is not an easy task since there are some of these teams that have shown a great level in the last years and are betting favorites.
Betting on the NFL is simple, you just have to enter the bookmaker of your preference, choose the game you want to bet on, and place your bet. But, before giving you some tips, we must know what are the basic concepts of the NFL.
- Touchdown: To carry or take the ball in the opposing team’s end zone. Value: 6 points.
- Field Goal: Kicking the ball with your feet through the posts located in the end zone. Value: 3 points.
- Conversion: is returning the ball to the end zone by air or ground, after scoring a touchdown. Value: 2 points.
- Safety: this is when the kicker with the ball steps on the white line of the end zone, when tackling the offensive player who has the ball in his end zone, or if the kicker fails to hold the ball and leaves the field of play. Value: 2 points.
- Extra Point: is the annotation given on a field goal after a Touchdown has been scored. Value: 1 point.
What are the betting markets in the NFL?
The bookmakers offer an attractive variety of markets to bet on the NFL. You will see that some are more classic and offer odds that oscillate within the standard.
- Moneyline (1×2): The most classic in sports betting, it is simply to determine which team will win the game.
- Total points (Over / Under): in this modality, your bet if the points will be higher or lower than the values indicated by the bookmaker.
- Handicap: with the handicap, you give a disadvantage to the favorite to increase the odds.
- The first team to score: As indicated, you determine which team will score first.
- The margin of Victory: You must indicate which team will win the match and the difference in points it will have.
- The team requested the first timeout.
- The quarter with the highest number of points scored.
- Will there be overtime?
- Super Bowl winner
- Winner of the AFC and NFC
And if you place Live bets, the betting markets are much broader. As we can see, we have a wide range of betting markets we can choose from to make our NFL predictions.
Tips for winning NFL bets
As we have already said, it is always important to know what we are going to bet on or get expert advice, even more so in a sport like football, where statistics are of great importance.
If, for example, two teams that base their game on good defenses face each other, logically we can bet on the “Under” of points at the end of the game; if, on the other hand, the quarterbacks in play are some of the bests in the league, the attacks may prevail over the defensive systems, and we will see games with high scores.
Passing, yards rushed, interceptions… any market is good to bet on if we know how to analyze the data, we have available and get winning bets.
Tips for betting in the 2022 NFL season
It is indeed easy to discard the teams that are not favorites to reach the Super Bowl, due to the quality gap that exists between the different teams in the league.
However, we must also be careful which teams we leave out, as, both the Los Angeles Rams and Cincinnati Bengals were underdogs to reach the Super Bowl last season.
Some tips are:
- Don’t overreact to results from week to week. The NFL season is short, but there is time for teams to get things right, especially in their four-team divisions.
- Always look for the best odds in NFL predictions and betting.
- Try to explore other NFL betting markets other than just the money line, spread, or over/under markets.
- Live betting is a great tool for making smart wagers on NFL games.
Super Bowl LVII Winner Prediction
Few fans and bettors would have predicted the Los Angeles Rams to win Super Bowl LVI. Even fewer would have expected the Bengals to reach the championship game and come within minutes of winning the Vince Lombardi Trophy.
The Bills are the bookmakers’ favorite. They are a strong team, but not strong enough to win the big game. The Kansas City Chiefs should get some respect before this season. Patrick Mahomes is one of the NFL’s elite quarterbacks.
Going by bookmakers and pundit predictions, the winner of Super Bowl LVII to be played in February 2023 should be between the Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs.