Here we are. The AFC Conference Championship is upon us again, and everyone but Pats fans are hoping to see New England get knocked out – just like last year.
It’ll be up to a bit of Luck this time around to make sure Brady stays out of Super Bowl XLIX. Manning did his part last year, now apparently all of the NFL’s star QBs have to take a turn.
“We’re playing in Foxborough” is never a phrase you want to hear during the playoffs (unless you’re NE). But coming in as the road underdog? Things just got interesting for the Colts.[box style=”info”]
Don’t forget to check out our pick and betting stats
for the NFC Conference Championship – Packers vs Seahawks
Indy has a lot to prove on Sunday. First and foremost is that they deserve to be there, having been shut out of the AFC title game for the past 8 years running.
Secondly, the Colts have to shut up the haters who are saying the Broncos would have taken them out had Manning not been playing with a quad injury.
And lastly, they have to prove they can actually win against Brady and his fellow top-ranked Pats.
New England did a great job setting the stage for intimidation after last week’s miraculous comeback. Although they barely got by the Baltimore Ravens, they set a first in NFL history:
They came back from two 14-point deficits to win a postseason game.
Now the Pats are in their 4th consecutive AFC Conference Championship and poised to take advantage of the fact that great offenses are the Colt’s kryptonite.
Betting Lines and Odds
- The Pats are the favourite by -6.5 with 62% agreeing
- Colts are the favourite on the ML by 67%
- The total for this #INDvsNE contest is 53.5 with 63% on the over
#INDvsNE Fast Facts
- NE is 0-5 ATS in the AFC title game since 2005 (2-3 SU)
- The Colts are 7-1 SU and 5-2-1 ATS over their last 8 games
- The Pats are 3-9 ATS as playoff favourites since 2008
- Indy is 3-2 both SU and ATS with Luck thus far in the postseason
- At home, Brady has thrown 19 TDs, 3 interceptions, and just 6 sacks
- The Pats are 17-1 SU and 12-6 ATS in their last 18 home games
- The home team won and covered 4 prior playoff meetings between the Colts and the Pats
- The past 6 meetings between the Colts and the Pats played over the total
AFC Conference Championship
I’m ignoring the Pats favourite on this one and taking the Colts at +6.5 to win. Partially because I think Luck can pull it off, and partially because I want to see anyone but the Pats in Superbowl XLIX.
But seriously though, I think Indy will surprise a lot of people and make an underdog upset happen on Sunday.