The hype is high for this #CARvsSEA clash happening on Saturday in Seattle. Though the numbers are favouring the Seahawks, their last 3 wins against Carolina have been close battles.
The Panthers earned 4th Seed (7-8-1) after defeating the Cards in Week 17, but now they’re at CenturyLink Field looking to break their 3 game losing streak on Seattle’s turf.
This matchup showcases what I think are the 2 best middle linebackers in the NFL (and you know you agree with me) – Carolina’s Luke Kuechly and Seattle’s Bobby Wagner.
Having the top defensive players of last year and last month on the field is part of the reason I’m expecting a low score and an easy under here.[box style=”info”]
Get all of our Second Round NFL Playoff Picks and stay tuned for our game by game breakdowns leading right up to Superbowl XLIX.
Saturday, January 10, 2015
Ravens vs Patriots
Panthers vs Seahawks
Sunday, January 11, 2015
Cowboys vs Packers
Colts vs Broncos
The Panthers have shown they can tame Seahawk Marshawn Lynch, who averaged 63.3 yards over 3 games, but their offense might suffer because of rookie Philly Brown’s uncertain shoulder injury.
With strong defensive lines on either side, the pressure is definitely on the offense to perform if they ever want to see Super Bowl XLIX.
That should make the Panthers nervous considering their QB Cam Newton only threw 1 touchdown pass in his last 3 games against Seattle.
Not to mention all 3 of Carolina’s lastest losses to Seattle were by less than a TD.
(When I said these games were close, I meant it.)
Betting Lines and Odds
- The Seahawks are heavily favoured at -10.5 with 56% of bettors agreeing.
- The Panthers are the favourite on the ML at 56%.
- The total at set at a low 40 with 56% on the under.
#CARvsSEA Fast Facts
- The Seahawks won their last 6 games, giving up only 3 touchdowns in all of them combined.
- The Panthers have won their last 5 games.
- The Seahawks defeated the Panthers 13-9 earlier this year (the 4th time in a row that Seattle has defeated Carolina in the past 5 seasons).
- The Panthers have lost the last 3 times they’ve played at CenturyLink Field.
- Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson is 3-0 against Carolina.
- Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is 0-3 against the Seahawks.
- The Seahawks (12-4-0) are No. 1 this season in PPG (15.09) and yards allowed (267.1).
- Neither team scored more than 16 points in their past 3 meetings.
- Seattle has allowed only 39 total points in their past 6 games.
- The Panthers have allowed only 59 points in their last 6 games.
- Seattle brings a 12-4 record (10-6 ATS) to this Divisional Playoff while Carolina is 8-8-1 and 9-8 ATS.
- The total has gone over in 6 of Carolina’s last 7 games on the road.
- The total has gone under in 9 of Seattle’s last 13 games at home.
Second Round NFC Playoff Free Pick
I’m putting my money on the under this time, and I think it will be safe there considering the history and recent performance of these 2 teams.