Football is back as tomorrow starts the 2016 NFL Preseason Week 1, and this week all 32 teams will play. Six games will be on national TV.
2016 NFL Preseason Week 1 Schedule
As posted in NFL.com
Thursday Aug. 11 NFL Games
Carolina at Baltimore
Tampa Bay at Philadelphia
Washington at Atlanta
New Orleans at New England
Jacksonville at NY Jets
Denver at Chicago
Friday Aug. 12 NFL Games
Detroit at Pittsburgh
Miami at NY Giants
Minnesota at Cincinnati
Cleveland at Green Bay
Oakland at Arizona
Saturday Aug. 13 NFL Games
Seattle at Kansas City
Indianapolis at Buffalo
Dallas at Los Angeles
San Diego at Tennessee
Sunday Aug. 14 NFL Games
Houston at San Francisco
National TV Broadcast
|Thursday, August 11||New Orleans at New England||7:30 PM||NFLN|
|Friday, August 12||Detroit at Pittsburgh||7:00 PM||NFLN|
|Friday, August 12||Oakland at Arizona||10:00 PM||NFLN|
|Saturday, August 13||Seattle at Kansas City||4:30 PM||NFLN|
|Saturday, August 13||Dallas at Los Angeles||8:00 PM||ESPN|
|Sunday, August 14||Houston at San Francisco||7:00 PM||NFLN|
Well we wil get to see 5 out of the 7 top contenders, whose odds are more likely to win the Super Bowl, on TV. That is the Patriots, Steelers, Cardinals and Seahawks, and NY Giants. As per the odds, you won’t see big spreads or totals in any preseason games.
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS at NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (Thursday, NFLN, 7:30 PM ET)
- Saints QB DREW BREES will be facing Patriots QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO. Brady will sit out the preseason and the first four games of the regular season in account of the Deflategate scandal.
- The Saints defense showed some poise in the practice against New England yesterday. Will see how they react on a game. Even if it is a preaseason game they will want to make a point.
- The Patriots are favored at -3 (-120) even though 56% of bettors prefer the Saints. The O/U is set at 39.5 with bettors going 50/50.
DETROIT LIONS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS (Friday, NFLN, 7:00 PM ET)
- Detroit QB MATTHEW STAFFORD will face Pittsburgh QB BEN ROETHLISBERGER. Both have excellent passing numbers so the passing defense will be tested.
- We will see if Anquan Boldin helps the 49ers on their pass catching game.
- The Steelers are favored at -3 (-115) even though 60% of bettors prefer the Lions. The O/U is set at 35.5 with bettors going 58% on the Under.
OAKLAND RAIDERS at ARIZONA CARDINALS (Friday, NFLN, 10:00 PM ET)
- Raiders QB DEREK CARR facing QB CARSON PALMER, who set single-season franchise records last year for the Cardinals.
- The Cardinals are favored at -3 but bettors are 50/50. The O/U is set at 37.5.
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS at KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (Saturday, NFLN, 4:30 PM ET)
- Seattle has advanced to the postseason in each of the past four seasons, with two Super Bowl appearances and a win in Super Bowl XLVIII.
- The Chiefs went 11-5 last season and won their final 10 regular-season games.
- The Seahawks have led the NFL in points allowed in the past four seasons.
- Still the Chiefs are favored at -3 (-105) with 60% of bettors prefering them. The O/U is set at 35.5 with bettors going 50/50.
DALLAS COWBOYS at LOS ANGELES RAMS (Saturday, ESPN, 8:00 PM ET)
- The NFL and the Rams return to Los Angeles for the first time since 1994.
- QB CASE KEENUM will face Cowboys QB TONY ROMO in the preseason opener for the Rams, but he is competing for the team’s starting job with rookie QB JARED GOFF.
- Hope Romo remains healthy or we will be facing part of that Dallas Cowboys QB crisis we mentioned some days ago.
- We will have the chance to see how much help Justin Durant will bring to the Cowboys.
- The Rams are favored at -4.5 (-115) with 79% of bettors prefering them. The O/U is set at 35.5 with bettors going 50/50.
HOUSTON TEXANS at SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (Sunday, NFLN, 7:00 PM ET)
- Houston QB BROCK OSWEILER will face either QBs BLAINE GABBERT or COLIN KAEPERNICK, or even both, who are battling for the team’s starting spot.
- JJ Watt will be out due to his surgery.
- The 49ers are favored at -3 (-115) even though 59% of bettors prefer the Texans. The O/U is set at 36.5 with bettors going 72% on the Over.