There’s been a lot of talk about Aaron Rodgers taking MVP this year, and after last night’s win against the Falcons I think the envelope is sealed.
Sure, there are other guys out there who’ve had amazing seasons (Brady and DeMarco Murray to name two) but Packers haters need to suck it up and give GB and their QB the credit they deserve for this unbelievable season.
Seriously, the numbers don’t lie:
- Green Bay is 10-3 going into Week 15 and it seems like they’re going to have the first-round bye and home-field advantage in the NFC Championship too.
- Rodgers has thrown 35 TD’s this season and only 3 INTs.
- And then there’s this pass during the #ATLvsGB matchup that got the Packers 80 yards for the TD:
- The GB quarterback has an incredible streak going of throwing 396 passes at home without an interception – the power of Lambeau or is Rodgers just that friggin good?
- Monday’s game against the Falcons boosted Rodgers past Tony Romo for the Most Passing Yards in 1st 100 Career Starts (27, 520).
- How is he stacking up against the likes of Brady, Manning, and Luck? Rodgers holds the #1 spot for passer ranking in the league, has an average of 8.8 yards per attempt, and a completion percentage of 66.8%.
If Rodgers guides his team to 3 more wins this season, which seems more likely than not, his MVP status will be indisputable.
And his fellow Packers? To say they’re excited to be playing alongside arguably the best quarterback in the league might be an understatement.